janeiro 16, 2006

[.mp3] Petra - Come And Join Us


Da Série: "...Bandas que eu curto ..."
Álbum: Come And Join Us [1977]
Petra
Site Oficial:
http://www.petraband.com
Michael's review:This one is quite a contrast to Petra, but it's still great and one of my favorites. For a fan of mid-eighties Petra this version of "God Gave Rock And Roll To You" may be quite a surprise, and fans who have worn out their copies of Captured in Time & Space may recognize a stray guitar lick in the beautiful acoustic intro to this version. "Ask Him In" is one of the clearest "invitation" songs I've ever heard: "Now that you've heard the music, where do you go from here? You see, music only takes you to the place where you're ready to hear... Jesus is holding out His love to you, but He made it so that you've got to choose; how can you walk away empty again when you know that you've got nothing to lose?" The hot guitar double leads are still here all throughout. "Holy Ghost Power" was apparently Petra's experiment with funk, just as "Lucas McGraw" from the Petra debut album was an experiment in country. "Woman Don't You Know" has a mile-long drum solo, Space-Invaders sound effects included so you don't get bored. "Where Can I Go" is a great example of that Hartman imagination again: "I could take a submarine to Atlantis, I could take a flying saucer to Mars, and I could ride on the Milky Way someday, but You've already conquered the stars... Where can I go without Your love there to haunt me? I do believe You're playin' to win!" If you like the late '70s rock sound you'll "dig" this one.

[*]Palavra de Piriá: Mais Petra? Taí. Bão também.

A parada é
>> AQUI <<.
Créditos: [ absinto ]

Paz e Graça. Seja um Levita. Acenda a Luz... pra Lumiar de vez a escuridão.

Nenhum comentário: